Lexington Independent Home School Policies
Family Code of Conduct
All families that wish to participate in any LIH classes/activities will be expected to adhere to the following standards of behavior. Please note: This is a ‘living document’ and all policies are subject to change. Failure to adhere to these policies will result in a formal complaint being filed with the LIH board and possible further action taken by the Stuart Child Development umbrella.
All families are expected to:
- Respect and comply with federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and respect in both behaviors and language. Profane or abusive language towards another student/parent/family, including teachers, will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from any form of bullying (physical, verbal, social, etc.) that intentionally aims to hurt (physically, socially or emotionally) another person.
- Resolve their disputes without resorting to violence. Families are encouraged to help fellow members resolve problems peaceably. Families can rely on LIH board members to intervene in any serious, ongoing disputes in which an agreement cannot be reached. Families needing help in resolving a disagreement, or families observing conflict may contact an adult/board member at the sign in desk.
- Use technology and social media to enhance and not diminish the positive climate of LIH and the well-being of its members.
- Be respectful of personal space.
- Pick-up all children on time. Co-op ends at _2:40pm_ on Wednesdays. A 15 minute window will be allowed after these times for pick-up. As a general rule, we are not a ‘drop-off’ co-op; we encourage all parents to stay and participate in the day along-side their child. However, if you do need to drop-off for a short amount of time, you need to assign a specific adult, on the premises, the responsibility for your child while you are gone and write down this information in the book on the front desk.
- Dress in an appropriate manner – If LIH board members deem clothing to be disruptive or unsafe, they will take immediate action to insure that everyone at LIH is dressed according to the following specifications:
o All clothing must be unrevealing in cut, fit and texture. Transparent fabrics are not allowed.
o Clothing must not contain inappropriate messages or pictures.
o Fashions that include rips and tears designed to reveal skin should not be worn.
o Shorts and dresses must be no higher than mid-thigh.
o Shirts must not show any midriff, cleavage, etc. even when bending over or putting arms up.
SICK CHILD POLICY
We ask that you not bring sick children to class in order to protect everyone. If your child has had a fever, vomiting, diarrhea or any major illness in the 24 hours before class, please keep them home until they are better.
LIH will NOT be responsible for administering any medication, with the exception of first aid by the certified adult present, to any child during class time. ANY medication that will be needed while your child is at LIH will need to be given by a parent or guardian.
There will be a CPR/First Aid certified adult present for all sessions of LIH meetings.
We look at Fayette county AND surrounding counties before calling off Wednesday classes due to weather. We make every effort to get the word out about classes no later than 7am Wednesday morning. We will do this via the Facebook pages, the website and small group emails. We have a lot of families that come from many different areas and road conditions vary drastically this time of the year. We ask all of our families to use their best judgment when making the decision to be on the roads during winter weather. Make up days for any classes missed will be held at the end of the semester, as we have built in a couple of days for this purpose.
While there is a designated time for lunch, lunch will NOT be provided. Please pack a lunch for you and your children.
Release forms will be required from ALL families that wish to participate at ANY LIH locations. Pool, fences and horses will be off limits without prior authorization.
EMERGENCY OR SHORT TERM DROP OFF
As a rule, we are not a ‘drop-off’ co-op; we encourage all parents to stay and participate in the day. However, if you do need to drop-off for a short amount of time, you need to assign a specific adult, on the premises, the responsibility for your child while you are gone and write down this information in the book on the front desk. Siblings or children NOT participating in a class will need to have a parent or guardian with them in all times. Please see class list to see the many options for all ages of children each hour.
A non-refundable registration fee will be due to LIH at the time of registration. with the following fee schedule
*First child $25 (a $2 convenience fee is added if payment is made via Paypal)
*Subsequent children participating in classes- $5
Class fees are paid directly to the instructors. Payment for the class holds your spot for that class. No refunds are available after the start of class. ANY refunds for classes will be at the discretion of the teacher.